Thursday, May 24, 2007

Now I know why.

I now know why Filipinos are less nationalistic than westerners (or other Asian countries). Aside from not trusting the government anymore, they' re just simply turned off by the rotten system. When I was in school, I used to think that they're inefficient without exactly knowing why. But now that I'm braving the real world and actually given a chance to experience things first hand, I understand fully why this beautiful country has lost its splendor.

Yesterday, I went to an SSS branch to secure an sss number that I might need for future employment. The whole experience was fun and exciting. It made me feel like an adult. Finally, I have a government record. It was also easy and fast considering that it only took me about 10 minuntes to finish the whole thing. No lines, no hassles, no expenses. But today was different. WAAAAY different.


Because I was inspired by how easy it was to file for an sss number, I decided to get a TIN number as well. Some employers expect you to have one when applying even though they know it's just your first job. So I decided to get one today. I thought it was as easy but I dread the experience. It was CHAOTIC. Everyone was packed in a small office space with tons of paper piled everywhere. It was hot, disorganized and just plain confusing. There were no concrete steps to follow... oh! actually there was but the illustration board that shows it was not posted properly. That's why people were lost. The worst part was not about the system, it was more about the employees who probably never knew that smiling and diplomacy were part of their job description. How cold can they get! They do not know how to deal with people. The BIR definitely needs some polishing, I swear! and they expect us to pay our taxes... I'm sorry but I actually lost the will to do so if not only for my starvng and homeless countrymen.

I PITY those I was with this afternoon, the helpless Filipinos who had to bear the same insulting situation just to get the job done. I knew that if there was just an easy way to accomplish what they need then they probably wouldn't waste their time there. The people in the government are taking advantage of the helpless Filipino people who can not complain. Because they just wanted to finish the job, they just keep mum about the inefficiency. Kawawa naman ang mga Pinoy.

3 comments:

janie wanie said...

kulet.. pwede nga kasi kumuha ng TIN no. over the net.

tsaka un mababait na companies don't expect fresh graduates to have those, kasi sila nag-aasikaso, talk about my katamaran. haha.

darn, di pa ko nakakaapply for TIN and SSS Ids.

etsapwera said...

Hindi rin naman tayo ang main na nakikinabang sa tax e. =(

Anonymous said...

kathy!!! :) mich 'to :) ako rin, parang part-time job ko na ang pag-attend sa exam-interview ko. ;)

nairita din ako nung nagpunta ako sa BIR. ang sungit nung babae na nakausap ko, grr!!! mas ok pa talaga sa SSS, ambilis tapos friendly pa nga tao.