Monday, July 9, 2007

oh-no!

I know I’m young and there’s more opportunities along the way, but I just need to get this out of my system. The thing is, I just got a call from Abs-Cbn Publishing and the editor-in-chief wanted to see me this afternoon. I applied for the job last May 4 and was interviewed exactly a month after, May11. When I thought I had no chance, they called me again last June20 for a second interview. At that time, the eic, managing ed and then editorial assistant intervied me…so it was a panel interview which I didn’t really expect. But seriously, it was more of a getting-to-know than a stiff interview. So anyway, they didn’t offer me the job. The day after that, June 21, my present company interviewed me and right then and there offered me the copywriter position. The next day I started.

And today, July 9, Abs called me again to inform me that the eic wanted me to go there in the office this afternoon. Pronto! Oh-no… sorry…it’s too late. Come to think of it, my job’s better and more fun. It is challenging and at the same time providing me a venue for my creative juices. Advertising is a great industry. Anyway, I still do get to write, edit and proofread. Pay’s better also J haaay…. Yun lang! just wanted to get it out of my system.

The worst line was when they said.. “Oh no, late yung tawag!” Goodness! J

No comments: