Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Gone too soon indeed...

Woke up this morning and realized that I didn't even write one entry about Hollywood's big lost last week. The passing of Fawcett and Jackson are not only shocking but all the more heartbreaking.

Every morning, I would turn on the TV just to jumstart my day and not get the shock of my life when i take a bath. It's a habit to warm me up before I go through my day. So there I was turning on the TV while eating my breakfast when I found out through CNN that MJ is dead. Shocked. Outraged. Saddened. Even though I wasn't a HUGE fan, I have BIG respect for his music and influence in every artist today. From moonwalking to chart-topping records, that was POPCULTURE. That was MICHAEL JACKSON.

Forgetting I had just woken up, my eyes were glued to the screen for all the little details I don't wanna miss. Then, on the crawling marquee, another news shocked my day. An 'angel' left Hollywood and has gone off to a place where stars never fade and lights never go off. Farraw Fawcett succumbed to the big C.

With all this happening, there was only one person I could ever think of. My mom was a HUUUGGGEEEE fan of MJ and Farrah. Im positive that she hasn't heard of this yet so I just have to tell her ASAP and could not wait till after work to tell her. True enough, she was devastated when she got the news. I remembered my mom saying that those 2 influenced her in a lot of ways. From her fascination and awe in MJ to Farrah's trademark gorgeous hair! Looking back, I remember my mom's old pics and her hair was indeed sooooo Farrah!

With both gone too soon, I hope their legacies live through the artists we have today. Their craft is not one to be wasted.

No comments: