Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Diz iz heat!

In all things weird, our weather definitely tops my list. ANG INIT! At this time of the month it's supposed to be cold and cloudy, instead the calendar skipped 3 months and gave us a may weather (haha! no pun intended) but seriously the heat is enough to knock me out. If there are 3 things you must know about me, these are:

(1) I'm not a morning person
(2) I'm generally moody and
(3) I favor the rain more than the sun 'cept on summer when at the beach. Period.

But on a regular basis I'd rather have raindrops pouring on my head than walking on sunshine :) Call me weird but I think I'm more productive when it's cold and gloomy outside. This part, my mom doesn't understand. She LOVES the sun. While I fervently try to shut the windows of my room, she'll use her "mommy powers" to keep it wide open and let the rays of the sun shine through. That would probably work for me a few light years ago when our weather wasn't this messed up. Clearly, this is payback for misusing our once beautiful planet. Global warming is not hot! As a concerned citizen I'm trying so hard to reduce my carbon footprint with even the smallest things like NOT forgetting to turn off any appliance when i leave my room or supporting environmental efforts like grocery shopping on wednesdays at SM so I can use brown paper bags instead of plastic.

I now believe that small things like this can do wonder. When I was learning these things in grade school, I never imagined I'll go through this in my lifetime. The idea seems unrealistic. Then all of a sudden you realize that the climate has changed and you don't know how to undo it. Please. I need it to be cloudy again so I can function and work.

Setting aside my selfish reasons, I feel more for the agriculture sector who's unsuccessfully battling el nino. Plus, there are also power shortages experienced throughout the country. (Though I'm not sure if that has something to do with el nino or the upcoming elections--in the Philippines, you'll never know.)

We need water. We need cooler weather. We need to do better. Help out.

2 comments:

janie octia said...

climate change is that you?

Kathy G. said...

nakaka INIT ng ulo!!! waaaahhhuhuhuhu :(