Thursday, September 16, 2010

the power of letters

Watched Letters to Juliet during the weekend and loved it. As a huuuuuge fan of rom-com/chick flicks, this hits the right spot. And to shot down haters of this genre, can i just tell you that once in a while it feels good to just let it go and enjoy a cliche love story. Give into your guilty pleasure and just fall for the power of words in a world lost in technology. (Amanda Syfried has certainly gone a long way since becoming Regina George's posse!) 

The best part of this movie, Franco Nero and Vanessa Redgrave star in it. How amazing it is to see them act out their real love story in the big screen. Honestly, I'm not a fan of elderly romance but they acted out their parts perfectly it's so nice to watch. 


“‘What’ and ‘if’ two words as non-threatening as words come. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: ‘What if’…” 

“I don’t know how your story ended. But I know that if what you felt then was love - true love - then it’s never too late. If it was true then it why wouldn’t it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart…”

“I don’t know what a love like that feels like… 
a love to leave loved ones for, a love to cross oceans for… 
but I’d like to believe if I ever felt it. I’d have the courage to seize it. 
I hope you had the courage to seize it, Claire. 

And if you didn’t, I hope one day that you will.”

No comments: