Saturday, February 12, 2011

Must read: The Lucky One

Okay, the worst part of blog-procrastinating is when topics get all piled up and you don't even know where to start. So I'll probably just work my way backwards and start with something I've just done that i need to share with you.

If you love to read, here's a guilty pleasure: Nicholas Sparks' The Lucky One. Yes it's formulaic. Yes it's predictable. Yes it's girly. But in no way is it boring. Hana gave me a copy last Christmas and I finally had time to read and finish the book. I wanted to read this for 2 reasons:

1. I secretly love Nicholas Sparks. Ok, im in no way romantic but give me a nicholas spark tear-jerker and ill read it from cover to cover without cheating! it's always a great read. though most reviews would say this falls short compared to other novels like a walk to remember or the notebook, i think it's on the same level. then again, it vaires from reader to reader. i recommend you read this - soon!

2. the movie's coming out soon and zac efron stars in it. im semi feeling lang that it will turn out like charlie st. cloud because it has the same mood. and reading the book, i imagine more of channing acting as logan than zac especially (*spoiler alert*) with the whole US Marine theme again. who knows? he can probablyy do this book justice just like what shane west and channing tatum did. hope the movie comes out soooon.



i. can't. wait.

No comments: