Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Cramming

Every year, I promise myself to do better on my Christmas shopping. I hate being caught up in the whole shopping frenzy. The lines, the overcrowding, the traffic and the one time-big time spending! One gift at a time, I say, but still to no avail. Procrastination always gets the best of me and this year was no exception. I'm waaaaaay behind.

Aaaarrrgh! The madness of rushing to accomplish my list...which by the way is still an old school, kubrador kind of list my sister laughs at. At this day and age, I could have just noted it on my phone or itouch - I guess, this proves I'm really a pen-and-paper kind of girl. (which my sister points out again. She knows too much about me :)

What makes everything worth it, though is when I'm finally able to buy the perfect gift for each one. Nothing can be more rewarding than knowing you've exerted effort into the whole gift-giving process. It makes everything so worth it. From brainstorming the present to wrapping it up in the most special way possible.

Anyway, I just have to blog this to remind myself next year what a bittersweet experience it's been. For the meantime, here comes another challenging task...gift wrapping!

Happy Christmas everyone! Here's to hoping that beyond the material things, love and happiness are always at the top of our lists year-round. Let's get ready for 2012. LEGGO! :)

No comments: