Tuesday, April 10, 2007

1 step forward, 2 steps back...

I'm afraid that I'm leaving a man behind.

Indeed, I have travelled far and wandered aimlessly. but I still got to where I wanna be. Someone made me realize that I am already in a place where my hardwork and sleepless nights (not to mention eyebags!) paid off yet it doesn't feel so great because I'm leaving a man behind. It was never my intention in the first place. I never meant to elevate my stature and lower someone else's. I just simply swam to shore while he drowned in his problems and sank. Still, it was not enough to kill his spirit which is more admirable than my achievements. Anyway, it's too early to say what the end will be. Graduation does not guarantee success, a mighty heart does. Surely our odds go up once we received our diplomas, but never will it define us as persons. But what a person becomes because of his perseverance and sacrifices are far more important than any medal or recognition. I might be leaving someone behind but I know he can make a quick run for it and get back on track. Everyone has their own pace, own time.
**ahem!!! i'm sorry...my boredom's making me eeeeek-ingly(!!!) sentimental**

2 comments:

janie wanie said...

ive got a new blog, waniejanie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Haha it says "anonymous"
but it's ME, KIM!!!

"ISAIA"

HEY TWIN!! I'm so proud of you and your awesome. You've worked so hard to get through all this and written such insightful things.

I LOVES YOU, and so proud of you, and in many ways... I wish I was more like you.

Haha, I think we're all going through our own crossroads in our life. Sometimes its easy to drown in our problems, but looking towards inside ourselves rather than comparing ourselves to other people, and knowing that people who love you will care for you unconditionally no matter what, is what gives us our hope.

I wish all the best for you Kathy *HUGHUG!!*