Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter Everyone!

Before we go back to work or school, we still have this Sunday to celebrate and enjoy with our loved ones. Wishing everyone a Happy Easter! Hope you remembered the reason for the holiday and took time to reflect and pray :)

This holy week was extra special for me because for the first time I fasted. Okay, I know I'm nearly 25 years old and I'm already 4 years too late to start fasting. I've always neglected this Catholic obligation because I have a passion for food. Translation: ako'y matakaw. But this year, I can no longer delay it. I really wanted to be a better person and stay true to what I believe in. So, since Ash Wedenesday, I've been trying to abstain every Friday. Though I'd forget to skip on meat sometimes, I think for the most part, I was able to fulfill it. It all came down this Friday when I only had one meal the entire day as my ultimate sacrifice. I thought I couldn't do it but I did. And it felt great. I was full. Not with food as my sustenance, but with love and faith. It wasn't an obligation anymore but selfless love :)

............As soon as the clock struck 12am on Saturday, I went from fasting to feasting! hahahaha NOT! semi-feast lang :)

Happy Easter everyone! Hope your Holy Week was as fulfilling! :)


No comments: