Wednesday, August 25, 2010

highs and lows.

I want to start off with something other than the phrase "it's been a rollercoaster week" because it is the most cliché line and i don't like it. But I guess there's no better way of saying how we endured a week of controversies. From tragedy to crazy, we were all shocked, amused, terrorized, saddened and entertained.

low point - police brutality. Ok, so this was just tip of the iceberg for the horrifying things to come caused by our dysfunctional police force.

lowest point - manila hostage crisis. I wasn't able to watch the whole thing as it happened since there was a news blackout in our office because of our net and cable connection. I was hoping to watch this not to be entertained (like how other low lives treated it) but to feel how the world felt when something this tragic was happening before them. I'm sure everyone has read almost all the info out there so I'm not gonna touch too much on that anymore but I just want to say this lang...how can people have such little regard for others' lives. those victims were family, friends, lovers, office mates, neighbors and countrymen to someone. sana there was a better ending we can share to the world.


high point - Venus Raj entered Bb. Pilipinas' Top 5. As we were mourning a tragedy, part of us is also celebrating beauty.


high point turned low - Ok, so epic fail - that wasn't a beauty queen answer. It was a major, major blunder. But who's to blame? Being put on the spot in front of millions was not the easiest job in the world. If I was her, I could've said something worse. Nonetheless, it was sort of entertaining hehehe so sorry :)


Sana more high points next week.

Thank you, thank you.

No comments: