Monday, August 23, 2010

olats.

Okay, so I did not graduate from a UAAP school but I've been watching the senior basketball games since I was in high school. It's the atmosphere, crowd, players and thrill that draw me to each game. But nothing tops the excitement more than a ADMU-DLSU match. Every game is packed with excitement and energy! You won't believe how the cheering and jeering get so intense especially when you go there in the coliseum and see for yourself. I remember watching them in Araneta with my brother, his friends and my friends. Hanging out with them, therefore means I'm for the green. What makes the whole thing even more meaningful is the fact that my brother and dad came from these rival schools so watching UAAP at home is always intense! sooo fun! good times!

So, in the grand tradition of the UAAP Season, last Sunday was round 2 for ADMU-DLSU. Since dlsu won the first they have the advantage and momentum. So I was reeeeaaaalllyyyy anticipating a heart-pounding, nerve-wracking, nail-biting game but guess what? It BOMBED! So bad that I found myself watching it alone throughout the 2nd half. Why dlsu? What happened? Seriously, if you watched it, you would be so disappointed. La Salle didn't even put up a good fight. The first few minutes were heated and then it was extinguished. Wala na. It was downhill from there. I won't be pasikat and try to come up with my own sports analysis because I can't do that :) But as a spectator, I wanted more sana. Hopefully, a miracle happen and admu can still face dlsu in the semi-finals or so. I want the heated rivalry back! :)





(photo from yahoo.com.ph)

No comments: